There may be various points at which you will wish to communicate with your Event attendees. Perhaps you want to share assignments for participants, or there is a change in the weather report that requires you to send an Event update.
Whatever the case may be, you will begin the Send stage by clicking on the Send tab at the top of the screen.
Sending out emails to many event participants/contacts should be done with caution to avoid sending errant emails. You can preview your emails at any time by pressing the “Preview Email” button at the bottom of the Send page. You can also test the email by sending it to yourself with the “Send a Test Email” button on the Send page.
On the Send page, you will move through four primary steps in this workflow in order to send out emails/updates. The steps are as follows:
- Select People or Places - Select whether the email will be sent to People or Places Lists. Sending to People and Places Lists is separated because you may wish to send unique emails to participants and contacts for each Event Part. In order to send to both People and Places for an Event or Event Part, you will need to send two separate emails.
- Selected Recipients – In this step, you will review the Lists, Event Parts, and individuals that are included in the emails being sent. The recipients are displayed in a table that has two tabs: “Event Parts” and “Recipients.”
By default, the table is on the “Event Parts” tab. This tab displays information relating to the overall Event and its Parts. Event Parts that are Completed will not appear in the table, only Pending and Active Event Parts will be shown.
The column “Attending Question” displays whether you have selected “Link” or “Ask” for participants/contacts back in the Build section. “Custom Questions” indicates the number of custom questions that are included in the questionnaire. This does not include attendance questions. A tally of the “total emails to send” is displayed below to remind you how many recipients will receive the email. A participant/contact on more than one List will only receive a single email. This prevents an individual that is both a participant and a contact for an Event Part from receiving multiple emails.
The “Recipients” tab displays a table with all the currently targeted email recipients. The table includes their Full Name and Email Address in that order. These recipients can be individually selected from the Tracking pages (please consult the articles on Tracking for more information). Sending to a selected set of Participants from the Tracking pages would include only those specific individuals and the “total emails to send” would reflect the narrower selection.
- Message Settings – Here you will move through three key steps which allow you to individualize the email that participants/contacts will receive. These steps are:
- Select the type of message to send: “Send Questions,” “Send Update,” or “Send Assignments.”
- Enter the subject for your email.
- Type your message. Please note that you can use the included options to format your message, but you can also paste links and other copy into the body of your message. As of v1.6 organizers may include images, tables, and links in their message.
- Send Questions – Makes questions available to participants and/or contacts.
- Send Assignments- Makes assignments visible to participants and/or contacts.
- Send Update- Sends a custom update to attendees and displays a push notification for mobile users.
- Enter the Subject for your email. The default will be the “Event Name” or “Event Name-Update”
- Enter the message for your email. If you are sending an update, this will also be the text of the update within the mobile app.
As mentioned above, this section contains the “Preview Email” button. Clicking this button takes the user to the Preview Email page where they will see a mockup of their email.
- Send Confirmation – Here you will move through two final steps before you choose which action they will take on their email. The steps are:
- Verify the “From” line for the email and send a test email. In this step, you will see who the email will appear “From.” This is always Organization You can also use the aforementioned Test Email feature here in order to ensure your email is correct before sending.
- Verify the "Reply To" name and email. This will be the logged in user.
- Verify the total number of emails to send. Again, you will see a final tally of the number of emails being sent so you may verify if the recipient settings are correct before sending.
After these two steps, you have two final options. You can “Cancel,” which returns you to the last page that you were on before the Send Email page without sending the emails. Doing so will preserve the information on the Send Email page, so if you return at any time your settings will be intact.
You can also select “Send,” which will bring up a modal dialog box with the text: “Please confirm that you wish to send to (number of emails to send) people.” Then you will need to select either “Don’t Send” or “Send.” “Don’t Send” simply closes the dialog box and keeps you on the Email Send page. “Send” will send the emails using the current settings and recipients.
Sending to Individuals
Using the Send process described above allows you to send to all the People or Places for an entire List. However, there are times when you may wish to send messages to only a few specific invitees. You can easily do so from the Track section of Eventene.
Track allows you to send messages in two different ways. Using the Summary view, you can follow up with participants or contacts based on various preset parameters such as whether they have responded to Questions or if they've opened a previous email. Simply click on a tracking field from within any Event or Event Part in Track. To send reminders, click on the Send button. This will take you to the Send tab where you can choose which set of participants or contacts to send reminders to.
Track also allows you to select a group of individuals within an Event Part. Select the Individual view and then choose the necessary Event Part and whether you want to look at People or Places. Once you have done this, you can check the boxes next to the individuals you wish to message. Finally, click "Send" in the bottom left and you will be taken to the Send section of Eventene with your custom group of recipients selected.
Eventene will then send out a set of emails to each of the recipients included in the selected sets above the button. Again, a participant or contact that appears in both sets will only receive a single email.