Lists are the backbone of Event Management in Eventene. Lists provide information about People or Places that can be used during the Assign, Send, and Publish steps. Lists are attached to Event Parts, but not Events. Managing Lists in Eventene consists of the following activities:
- Creating-- the app provides several ways to create Lists:
- From scratch (typing in entries one at a time)
- Copying an existing List
- Importing data from a text file (CSV format)
- Pasting from the clipboard
- Segmenting an existing List
- Defining Fields – users can add a variety of custom data fields (in addition to the defaults) to their Lists to tailor Eventene for their specific needs.
- Reviewing Data – users can review individual List items, including all the values of each of the data fields. The viewing page also allows the user to sort by any column, control which columns are visible, change the column order, and search on specific entries (by First Name, Last Name or Email).
- Editing Data – during the reviewing process, the user can activate the editing panel below the List, allowing them to edit individual records.
To easily view all your Lists, simply click the “Lists” button in the upper left-hand corner of the screen anywhere within Eventene. This will take you to the “My Lists” page. This page serves as a summary with a high-level overview of all Lists (both Master and Segmented) within the account. My Lists also provides access to the tools that you need to view, edit, and manage your Lists.
For more on Master and Segmented Lists please read Segmented Lists Overview
The My Lists page displays the following information:
- List Name – this column includes the names of each of the Lists.
- Last Modified – Indicates the date and time of the last change made to a List. The default sort for My Lists is by the most recently modified List.
- Type – indicates whether the List is People or Places List.
- Items – shows the total number of items (participants, locations, etc.) in a List.
- Events– shows the total number of Events that include the corresponding List in at least one Event Part.
- Actions – allows user to view the List Summary, List Fields, and List Data, copy a List to another account, or delete a List. Please note that Segmented Lists do not have the Fields action.
- Combine Lists – allows the user to combine two separate Lists into a new merged List. To combine Lists, you must first select the Lists you wish to merge and then press the “Combine Lists” button. For more information, please see the article Combining Lists
The “Other” action brings up a drop-down menu with several additional actions:
- Copy List to a Paid Account – allows the user to send a copy of the List to another Eventene user with a Basic, Pro, or Pro Team account. Free accounts cannot send or receive copied Lists.
- Delete List – allows the user to remove the List from their account, but only if the List is no longer being used in any Events.
The “My Lists” screen also allows users to search among their created Lists using the search bar. Eventene displays the resulting Lists on the same page that the user is currently viewing.