Events created in Eventene are made up of one or more “Event Parts”. The user can populate each of these Event Parts with a “People List” and/or a “Places List”. Please note that any changes made to a List are reflected across all Event Parts with which the List is associated.
Creating or Copying an Event
Creating an Event in Eventene is easy. Once you are logged in, start by selecting the “Events” tab in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
You will now see the “My Events” page. This page allows you to quickly see all the Events that are associated with your account. These may be Events created by you or any other user on the account.
You can search for specific events using the search bar or by clicking on the column headers. Clicking on a column header will quickly filter by different criteria such as “Event Name” or “Start Date”. To create a new Event, simply press the “Create Event” button.
From here you will have the option to create a new Event from scratch or copy a preexisting Event. If you select “Copy an Existing Event”, you will need to select the Event you wish to copy and then provide a new name for the resulting Event copy. Next you will need to enter the start and end date and time for the new event. After this you will specify the location and select the first List to attach. Finally, if you are copying an Event, the user has a few options on whether to clear data in the new Event. The user can:
- Clear all previous responses – all the questions defined in the event parts will be copied over, but all responses to those questions will be cleared in the new event
- Clear all previous assignments – all assignments performed in the original event will be cleared in the new one.
Please note that the target Event must contain data to be available for copying. Events without any data cannot be copied.
Event Summary Screen
This screen provides a quick overview of your Event, Event Parts, and any associated Lists. This screen also allows you to edit additional details about the overall Event. To find out more about editing this information, please refer to the article: “Names, Dates, Locations, Descriptions, and Images”.
From here you will proceed to populate the Event Parts, People, and Places within your Event. There are 5 primary steps to creating an Event. However, you may complete steps out of order and not all steps are required to create a finished Event.
- Build Lists – create and manage lists of People and Places to be used in Events. Lists may be reused for future Events
- Edit Event Details – enter an Event description, image, adjust start and end times, and add a Location address
- Add Event Parts – define multiple event parts with associated questions to ask the event participants
- Send Questions & Track Responses – send out questions defined in the event parts and track the responses from the event participants
- Assignments – arrange attendees into specific places (locations, activities, responsibilities, etc.) for each event part
Eventene automatically saves your work after every action so you never need worry about losing progress!